Welcome to the University of Wisconsin-Madison’s Department of Psychology! We’re very excited to have you here in our department and are eager to meet you. Transferring institutions comes with many challenges and we want to be helpful to you in this transition. Please consider the following early on in your time at UW-Madison.
- Have you met with one of the the Undergraduate Advisors? For any questions you have feel free to meet with an advisor as you navigate the degree and major requirements…or any other questions that come up for you. They are available via appointments and drop-in hours.
- How does your credit evaluation look? Do you understand everything on it? Is the amount of credits you’ve taken correct?
- Do you meet the grade point requirements in the introductory courses?
- Do you know the requirements of the major?
- Do you know how to get involved on this campus?
- Do you know how to declare your major?
- Want tips for success?
Are you a prospective transfer student?
We are happy to meet with prospective students during our non-peak advising times (mid-December to mid-January and summer). Questions related to the Psychology major may also be addressed to